New Zealand Part I - Christchurch


Four years after earthquake occurred at Christchurch in 2011, there were many post-earthquake resurrection project taking place to inject a livelier vibe in this quaint quiet town. Due to its geographical location within the Ring of Fire, Christchurch has a strict policy on maximum 7 levels for the height of buildings. Hence, Christchurch has its charming side from the quirky mural arts by local talents and a gorgeous view of blue sky in the absence of skyscrapers. 

1. Cardboard Cathedral, designed by Shigeru Ban // 2. The infamous ballerina mural art, which appeared on many brochures but ironically juxtaposed to a construction site // 3. City circle tram that covers a short route within CBD
4. Clock Tower I randomly chanced upon // 5. General street view at Christchurch // 6. Re:Start City Mall, part of post-earthquake resurrection project // 7. One of the beautiful houses I walked past -- I want to live inside this place!  
and a small compilation of candid snaps I took with my phone. 

Stay tuned for upcoming parts of my New Zealand trip as I am trying to sort out the pictures while juggling with university life.

Love, Sharon.

Comments

Popular Posts